AMPI Regulatory Training on DFS, co-hosted AFI PPD partner, Mastercard
Digital Approaches to Enhancing Financial Inclusion
May 9-10, 2017
What is the Training About?
The critical role of digital financial services in reaching financial inclusion goals has been well recognized globally. And with this, adopting innovative technologies and supportive regulation has gained importance. At the end of this training, participants will:
- Get an overview of recent innovations and global trends in advancing financial inclusion through digital financial services;
- Be able to contribute effectively in drafting supervisory frameworks that aim to address emerging risks in digital financial services, with a special focus on gender
- Have a thorough understanding of the KYC issues and possible ways of redressal
Who Should Attend?
Staff from AFI member institutions in Africa who are closely involved in the development of polices and guidelines/frameworks in relation to digital financial services (DFS), payment systems, bank supervision, financial inclusion and stability will benefit the most from the training. The key topics to be discussed in this training are:
- Innovations and recent trends in DFS
- eKYC and authentication technologies to enhance financial inclusion and humanitarian assistance
- Policy and regulatory implications for financial inclusion
Participants are expected to share their country experiences, actively participate in the exercises, would be required to develop an action plan during the event and commit to its implementation.
Contact Capacity.Building@afi-global.org for more information.