AFI is working to successfully integrate policies for women’s financial inclusion into each stage of national financial inclusion strategy (NFIS) design and implementation through its Financial Inclusion Strategy (FIS) Working Group. A special sub-group of the Financial Inclusion Data (FID) Working Group has also been established to develop tools, build capacity and promote best practices in collecting and using sex-disaggregated data.
Gender and women’s financial inclusion is a cross-cutting issue that requires policy intervention in all work streams of AFI.
Denarau Action Plan
The AFI Network Commitment to Gender and Women's Financial Inclusion
The Denarau Action Plan identifies measures AFI members can take to increase the number of women with access to quality and affordable financial services globally and close the financial inclusion gender gap, noting that the goals of financial access, usage and quality should be pursued in parallel and in a responsible and sustainable manner.
The Action Plan promotes the development and implementation of smart policies and regulations by members of the AFI Network to create an enabling environment that accelerates women’s financial inclusion. It also emphasizes the importance of measuring and evaluating our progress. The Action Plan fosters strong partnership and collaboration with financial service providers to drive private sector leadership.
AFI Gender and Women’s Financial Inclusion Committee (GWFIC)
The GWFIC champions the agenda and provides strategic guidance on initiatives undertaken by the Network. Members of the GWFIC comprise senior representatives from AFI member institutions across various regions:
- Dr.TukiyaKankasa-Mabula, Deputy Governor, Bank of Zambia (Chair)
- Ms. Lobna Helal, Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Egypt (Vice Chair)
- Ms. Chea Serey, Director General of Central Banking, National Bank of Cambodia
- Dr. Monique Nsanzabaganwa, Vice Governor, National Bank of Rwanda
- Ms. Mathabo Makenete, Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Lesotho
- Ms. Evelyn Garcia, Head of Department of Financial System Regulation, Banco Central de Reserva de El Salvador
Did you know?