AfPI Regional Event
7th Annual Roundtable of the Leaders of the African Financial Inclusion Policy Initiative (AfPI)
The Ministry of Economy and Finance of Cote d’Ivoire, the Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO) and the Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) are pleased to announce that the 7th Annual Roundtable of the Leaders of the African Financial Inclusion Policy Initiative (AfPI) will take place from 27-28 February, 2019 in Abidjan, Republic of Cote d’Ivoire.
During the 7th Annual AfPI Leaders Roundtable, high-level representatives from AFI member institution in Africa will:
- Officially celebrate the opening of the AFI Regional Office for Africa, based in Abidjan
- Exchange knowledge and share perspectives with global thought leaders on the future of financial inclusion, and how to provide sustainable financial services to the last 1.7 billion unbanked. Global thought leaders will come from the whole AFI network, academia, regional and international institution, etc.
- Share insights with private sector representatives and other stakeholders on practical ways of implementing the two policy frameworks adopted in September 2018 in Sochi:
- Policy Framework for Innovative Cross-Border Remittances in Africa
- Policy Framework for Digital Financial Services Interoperability in Africa
Public-Private Dialogue (PPD) Training: Approaches to Enhancing Financial Inclusion through Digital Financial Services (DFS)
In addition, PPD training, Approaches to Enhancing Financial Inclusion through Digital Financial Services will be conducted on 26-27 February, 2019 in Abidjan. Officials leading the supervision, oversight, designing and implementing of payments and digital systems will benefit most from this training.
Invitation letters to the Leaders’ Roundtable and the PPD Capacity Building Programme will be sent shortly.