AFI Member Training On Gender Inclusive Policy Development
What are the objectives of the training?
AFI’s approach to Gender Inclusive Finance (GIF) has essentially been to integrate gender in all its work, rather than promoting gender as an exclusive policy intervention. Thus, gender is a cross cutting theme in all AFI events such as policy forums, trainings, knowledge products and peer reviews. The need to integrate gender in all AFI initiatives gained momentum after the adoption of the Denarau Action Plan (DAP) and has to continue if members are to fulfil their commitment to halving the access to finance gender gap in their respective jurisdictions by 2021.
At the end of the training, using the AFI Gender Inclusive Toolkit and Gender Communications Toolkit, the participants of the training will be able to:
- Explain and illustrate various gender related terminologies
- List the factors needed to develop gender inclusive policy/regulation
- Gender lens the broad policy areas that the participants are working on in their own jurisdiction
- Be familiar with tools and their use for communicating gender
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation framework to review the progress made by the end of 2020
Who should attend?
This training is especially designed for the 11 AFI GIF Ambassador institutions, recognized by the AFI network at the 2019 Global Policy Forum together with the gender focal points from AFI Working Groups. This mix of participants will greatly enhance the quality of the training by sharing past experiences on integrating gender considerations into policy and regulatory development, communications and internal institutional learning for diversity inclusion.
How to register?
Invitation for nominations has been emailed to AFI focal points of all AFI member institutions.
Please feel free to get in touch with us at Capacity.Building@afi-global.org if you have any questions.