AFI Workshop: Communicating Gender and Women’s Financial Inclusion
What are the objectives of this event?
In the 2016 AFI Global Policy Forum (GPF) in Fiji, members of AFI endorsed the Denarau Action Plan (DAP) to promote gender and women’s financial inclusion. At the 2017 AFI GPF in Egypt, AFI members went further by committing to halve the gender gap in their respective countries by 2021. The strategic implementation framework for this 10-point DAP is driven by the AFI Gender and Women’s Financial Inclusion Committee (GWFIC) comprising of Deputy Governors from seven member institutions that represent regions with the most pervasive gender gaps, namely Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Latin America & the Caribbean, and Middle East & North Africa.
The objective of the workshop is to equip selected communication staff from GWFIC member institutions with the skills to design and deliver communication messages, and products that build greater awareness for DAP and support the actions of Gender and Women’s Financial Inclusion. Following the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Use appropriate tools and channels including social media to promote DAP, and women’s financial inclusion
- Promote results from their respective institutions as part of the AFI network and Maya Commitments/DAP, the GWFIC and AFI as an organization
- Incorporate key messages on women’s financial inclusion in their institutional communication and overall messaging of their respective institutions
- Prepare a Calendar of Activities related to women’s financial inclusion activities
Who are the topics covered?
- How to use communication tools and products including social media to promote DAP and women’s financial inclusion
- Practical exercises to incorporate women’s financial inclusion into communication and media activities
- Best practices in creating a common communications product that will be used to promote women’s financial inclusion and DAP
Who should attend?
The target participants of this workshop are communication officers from AFI member institutions represented in the GWFIC and interested AFI member institutions. The event is a practical and interactive programme. Participants are expected to participate actively; they would also be required to develop an action plan during the event and commit to its implementation.
How to register?
The event is by invitation only. Feel free to get in touch with us at Capacity.Building@afi-global.org if you have any questions.