- 17th August 2020 - 20th August 2020
Annual African Financial Inclusion Policy Initiative (AfPI) Meeting
Bank of Tanzania and AFI are organizing the Annual African Financial Inclusion Policy Initiative (AfPI) Meeting, from 17 – 20 August 2020, which will be held virtually.
Leaders from AFI member institutions in Africa will:
- Discuss AFI’s COVID-19 policy response support to members in the Africa region.
- Examine key aspects of two policy frameworks being developed by the Expert Group on Financial Inclusion Policy: “Strengthening Agent Network for Digital Financial Services in Africa” and “Enhancing MSME Financing Ecosystem in Africa”.
- Discuss policy options for accelerating the financial inclusion of disadvantaged groups: women, youth, forcibly displaced persons and other disproportionately excluded communities.
- Discuss AfPI governance issues through the election of a new vice-chair for AfPI and the introduction of the new chairperson, in accordance with the AfPI charter.
As part of the AfPI meeting, several virtual events and trainings will be conducted from 17-20 August 2020:
- 6th Meeting of AfPI’s Experts Group on Financial Inclusion Policy (EGFIP) from 09:00 to 11:00 UTC on 17 August 2020
- Training on approaches to enhance financing to MSME in Africa, under AFI’s Public-Private Dialogue (PPD) initiative, will be held from 09:00 to 12:00 UTC on 18 August 2020. The training will be conducted in conjunction with Mastercard and will highlight key issues related to enhancing access to finance for MSMEs.
- PPD on “Strengthening Last Mile Delivery Channels for Digital Financial Services Uptake” will be held from 09:00 to 10:15 UTC on 19 August 2020. Dialogue will focus on discussing the importance of creating robust channels to deliver digital financial services to those at the base of the economic pyramid.
- Developed – Developing Country Dialogue on “Adapting to the Crisis-Financial Sector Supervision in times of COVID-19”, will be held from 10:30 to 12:00 UTC on 19 August 2020. The dialogue aims to foster knowledge sharing between AFI members in Africa and their peers from developed countries on practical financial sector supervisory approaches during crises such as COVID-19 to ensure resilience and protect the gains of financial inclusion.
- 8th Annual AfPI Leaders’ Roundtable: Enhancing Enablers for Accelerating Financial Inclusion in Africa, will be held at 08:30 UTC on 20 August 2020.
Please confirm your participation by 14 August 2020.
Should you have any questions regarding this webinar or how to participate, please contact us at AfPI@afi-global.org or email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to our upcoming webinars.
AfPI is the primary platform for governors and heads of AFI member institutions in Africa to support and develop financial inclusion policy and regulatory frameworks and to coordinate regional peer learning efforts. Private sector entities and development agencies are invited to share views with AFI members on key issues to spur access and usage of a broader range of financial services in Africa.
This event is partially financed through AFI’s Multi-Donor Financial Inclusion Policy Implementation Facility (MD-PIF), with participation of French Development Agency (AFD), the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), and the Ministry of Finance of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
© Alliance for Financial Inclusion 2009-2023