BNM-AFI Member Training
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) and Financial Inclusion
What are the objectives of the member training?
Co-hosted by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), the member training will focus on the following topics:
- International standards and key concepts of AML/CFT
- Balancing AML/CFT requirements with financial inclusion, and standards/measures to support financial inclusion
- Approaches to adopt AML/CFT requirements
- Recent innovations in financial inclusion and its impact on AML/CFT
- Strategies adopted by countries in conducting oversight and National Risk
- Best practices and experience of countries in mutual evaluation process
At the end of the member training, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing as a result of financial exclusion
- Understand how financial inclusion can support AML/CFT objectives
- Explain approaches to ensure proportionate implementation of AML/CFT standards for financial inclusion initiatives
- Identify methods to effectively conduct assessment of compliance with AML/CFT standards
Who should attend?
Senior level officials from AFI member institutions who are involved in the development, implementation or enforcement of policies related to AML/CFT and financial inclusion.
Participants are expected to share their country experiences, actively participate in the exercises, and would be required to develop an action plan during the event and commit to its implementation.
How to register?
Invitations will be sent via email to AFI focal points of member institutions. Feel free to get in touch with us at Capacity.Building@afi-global.org if you have any questions.