Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism Consideration (AML/CFT) and Approaches for Financial Inclusion Training Programme
October 2nd - 6th, 2017
What is the Training About?
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing as a result of financial exclusion and how financial inclusion can support Anti-money Laundering (AML/CFT) objectives.
- Explain approaches to ensure proportionate implementation of AML/CFT standards for financial inclusion initiatives.
- Identify methods to effectively conduct assessment of compliance with AML/CFT standards.
The training content will include:
- International Standards on AML/CFT and key concepts of AML/CFT.
- Balancing AML/CFT requirements with financial inclusion, as well as standards/measures to support financial inclusion.
- Approaches to adopt AML/CFT requirements.
- Recent innovations in financial inclusion and its impact on AML/CFT.
- Strategies adopted by countries in conducting oversight and National Risk Assessment, and experience of countries in mutual evaluation process.
Who Should Attend?
Middle to senior level officials from AFI member institutions involved in the development, implementation or enforcement of policies related to AML/CFT and/or financial inclusion.
Participants are expected to share their country experiences, actively participate in the exercises, would be required to develop an action plan during the event and commit to its implementation.
How to Register?
Invitation emails will be sent to the AFI focal point of the member institution. Applicants nominated by the institution must submit his/her application by completing the online form that will be sent via the invitation, by 4 August 2017.
Please feel free to get in touch with us at Capacity.Building@afi-global.org if you have any questions.