CBA-AFI Member Training
Behavioral Economics and Evidence-Based Policymaking
The Central Bank of Armenia (CBA) and Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) are pleased to announce that the member training on Behavioral Economics and Evidence-Based Policymaking will take place from 29 April - 3 May, 2019 in Armenia.
At the end of the training, participants will:
- Be able to present the rationale for application of behavioral economics to develop evidence-based policies at macro and micro levels
- Design tools to conduct qualitative and quantitative research, such as, interviews, randomized controlled trial, focus groups, pre and post surveys and demonstrate their use
- Design a format to monitor and evaluate the impact of financial education interventions for financial inclusion
The training will be conducted through a series of small group exercises in which participants will identify issues related to financial education, brainstorm them and find solutions to the issues by using behavioral insights. Country case studies will be shared by select member institutions. Overall, the training will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to Behavioral Economics and Evidence Based Policy Making
- Mapping of financial education needs for financial inclusion at the macro level, using the Financial Capability Barometer
- Mapping of financial education needs for financial inclusion at the micro level, using the behaviorally informed interventions such as: deep interviews, randomized controlled trial, focus groups, pre and post surveys
- Tools and methods for monitoring and evaluating the impact of financial education interventions
The content is based on examples from Financial Education intervention and policies. However, the tools for assessment are applicable to Consumer Protection and Financial Inclusion as well.
Who should attend?
Those who will benefit the most from this training are:
- Technical experts leading the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of financial education initiatives in your institution
- Researchers, statisticians, monitoring and evaluation experts focusing on consumer education
How to register?
Invitations are sent to the Head of Institution of selected AFI member institutions. Get in touch with us at Capacity.Building@afi-global.org if you have any questions.