Joint Learning Program: In-country Implementation and Measuring Progress of Financial Inclusion Strategies
BoT-AFI Joint Learning Program
In-country Implementation and Measuring Progress of Financial Inclusion Strategies
As part of the Capacity Building platform, Joint Learning Programs (JLP) are conducted by an AFI member institution that has excelled in a specific policy area. Participating members will gain in-depth knowledge and practical skills the host institution, which they can then replicate in their own jurisdictions.
What are the objectives of the JLP?
Tanzania launched its National Financial Inclusion Framework (NFIF) in 2014 that adopted mobile technology to scale up financial inclusion. In 2016, the country reached its financial inclusion target of 50 percent, and later set a new target of increasing the financial access of its adult population to 80 percent by 2017.
Upon implementation of NFIF I, Bank of Tanzania (BoT) undertook an in-depth process of evaluation and analysis, and designed the NFIF II that was launched in December, 2017.
Co-hosted by BoT, participants at the JLP will:
- Learn about BoT's best practices and experience in designing, and implementing NFIF
- Understand how BoT monitors and evaluates the progress of National Financial Inclusion Strategy (NFIS)
- Gain in-depth knowledge of BoT’s journey in their Financial Inclusion Strategy (FIS)
- Be aware of successful collaboration strategies and coordination models used to implement various components of FIS
- Gain insights into identifying and measuring progress made in financial inclusion
Who should attend?
The JLP is intended for senior officials who are leading the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FIS. While BoT will take a lead on providing the technical content, nominated participants from the AFI network will also be invited to share their country experiences, and develop an action plan and commit to its implementation.
How to register?
Please coordinate with the AFI focal point of your institution to register for the program. Feel free to get in touch with us at Capacity.Building@afi-global.org if you have any questions.