Joint Learning Program (JLP) on Consumer Protection: Enhanced Market Conduct Regulation & Supervision for Financial Inclusion
What are the objectives of the JLP?
- Learn from the host member institution, Central Bank of Armenia (CBA), and participating AFI member countries on the increasing importance of market conduct to promote better access and usage of financial services
- Familiarize themselves with the market conduct regulatory and supervisory framework designed by CBA
- Obtain practical consumer regulation and market conduct from industry players such as: Deposit Guarantee Fund, Armenian Motor Insurers' Bureau, Credit Bureau and Office of Financial System Mediator
- Learn how to integrate the gender perspective supervisory/market conduct practices
- Highlight the achievements made under the Maya Declaration Commitments in relation to CEMC
- Understand the linkages between market conduct, consumer empowerment and impact assessment
- Participate in field visits that will provide opportunity to interact with key market conduct authorities
Who should attend?
The programme will focus primarily on market conduct issues, and is relevant for senior and middle level officials of AFI member institutions who are involved in developing, implementing or enforcing policies, guidelines and frameworks related to CEMC. A few sessions will be dedicated to drafting National Financial Education Strategies and working on implementation and measuring of impact.
The event is a practical and interactive programme; participants are expected to share their country experiences, and actively participate in the exercises and discussions. They would also be required to develop an action plan during the event and commit to its implementation.
How to register?
Invitation for nominations have been emailed to AFI focal points of all AFI member institutions. Feel free to get in touch with us at Capacity.Building@afi-global.org if you have any questions.