AFI Joint Learning Programme (JLP) on Digital Financial Services (DFS) in collaboration with Bangladesh Bank
What are the objectives of this Joint Learning Programme (JLP)?
At the end of the JLP, participants will achieve the following:
- Learn from the host and participating AFI member countries on the role of digital financial services (DFS) in the country’s economic growth agenda.
- Learn about the DFS model in Bangladesh and other key participating countries. Draw learnings on regulatory practices to manage risks emerging from such models.
- Appreciate the role of regulation in providing inclusive DFS to women and SMEs
- Understand the role of Bangladesh Bank in managing risks that emerge from the proliferation of DFS especially concerning the following: agent banking, over-the-counter transactions, money laundering and terrorist financing
- Understand the role of Bangladesh Bank in promoting DFS towards the cause of financial inclusion in Bangladesh:
- Mobile Financial Services (MFS)
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
- Interoperability of DFS providers
- Engagement of international payment service providers
- Cross border remittance
- Telco/FS Regulator Cooperation
- Innovative Agent Network Models
Who Should Attend?
The programme is relevant to middle to senior level officials of AFI member institutions who are involved in developing, implementing or enforcing policies, guidelines and frameworks of DFS, focusing on financial inclusion.
JLP is a practical and interactive programme. Participants are expected to share their in-country experiences, and actively participate in exercises and discussions. They would also be required to develop an action plan during the event and commit to its implementation.
How to Register?
Invitation for nominations will be sent via email to AFI focal points of all AFI member institutions. Get in touch with us at Capacity.Building@afi-global.org if you have any questions.