Virtual In-Country Training on Inclusive Green Finance for the Superintendencia de la Economía Popular y Solidaria de Ecuador (SEPS)
AFI and Superintendencia de la Economía Popular y Solidaria de Ecuador (SEPS) are organizing virtual in-country training on Inclusive Green Finance (IGF) on 20 January 2021.
The technical focus of this training is building the capacity of the staff of SEPS and other key stakeholders in the area of IGF. By the end of this training, participants will develop an action plan that charts the next steps for SEPS on developing and implementing IGF initiatives in Ecuador. To enable this objective, the participants will be trained to:
- Understand and explain the mandate and role of the financial regulators with regards to green finance and the impacts climate change and environmental degradation has on financial stability
- Explain the various terminologies related to IGF and situate IGF in the broader green finance landscape
- Illustrate the 4P framework of IGF policies and regulations: provision, promotion, protection and prevention
- Identify the two or three significant environmental and climate change challenges in Ecuador as well as the existing climate change policies and processes
- Identify the key factors to be considered while designing ESRM guidelines in Ecuador
- Define an action plan for advancing environmental and social risk management guidelines in Ecuador
Should you have any questions regarding this webinar or how to participate, please contact IGFWG@afi-global.org.
AFI's Inclusive Green Finance (IGF) workstream is part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI) supported by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), based on a decision of the German Bundestag.