The ideal candidate will drive organization’s digital brand and presence across variety of platforms. He/she will simultaneously lead daily creation, posting, management and maintenance of AFI website and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Flickr).
Working with Communications team and AFI’s various units, the Manager will use available AFI material to create compelling, visually appealing, and shareable content. The position will design and implement live coverage strategies across social media platforms, for key events and knowledge products; as well as ensure social media implementation of specific international dates which AFI marks.
The role will maintain Communications calendar as part of real time online coverage of up to 100 online, hybrid and physical AFI events held in different time zones. The Manager will work closely with AFI’s Web Writer to support online reporting, information sharing and promotion of AFI’s activities, events and knowledge products, as well as publishing of monthly email newsletters via Campaign Monitor. He/she will provide quarterly reports on AFI’s online platform using latest metrics via variety of online measuring tools.
The Manager is an experienced creative writer with graphic editing skills used to create innovative content, adapted to match specific requirements of each platform and its audience, while amplifying AFI’s online presence in line with AFI brand guidelines. The role will effectively support different AFI teams in their international events and promotion of knowledge products. The position will report to the Head of Communications, Media Relations and Event Management and work closely with AFI’s Executive Director to international events and activities, with occasional international work travel. Flexibility will be considered for the work location in order to meet various regional initiatives and business requirements. As and when needed, the Manager is required to travel to the respective AFI offices.
Accountabilities & Key Responsibilities
- Develop and execute AFI’s digital communications strategy focusing on social media outlets, through research of AFI’s online audiences, organization’s online reach, engagement, benchmarking, messaging and variety of platforms.
- Generate, create, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages AFI members and followers to engage and take action.
- Continue to optimize AFI’s social media pages within each platform to increase the visibility, reach, engagement and impact of social media content.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Maintain day-to-day online coverage editorial calendar and communication schedule on AFI events.
- Maintain day-to-day online coverage editorial calendar and communication schedule when traveling for AFI events.
- Monitors and track AFI appearances in media and other digital channels.
- Collaborate with designers to develop appropriate online material.
- Develop and manage online short- and long-term online campaigns on different platforms for variety of audiences.
- Provide quarterly reports on AFI’s digital reach, engagement and performance while continuously improving based on captured and analyzed data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information. Variety of measuring tools include Google Analytics, Social Sprout, HootSuite, TweetDeck and more.
- Conduct live social media coverage for AFI events, with special focus on but not limited to high level events, including series of Leaders’ Roundtable sessions, Global Policy Forum, FinTech Showcase, AFI Awards, AFI/G24 Roundtable.
- Closely collaborate with other Units to manage variety of online content and implement organic and paid campaigns, based on special dates or themes, especially IWD and Denarau Action Plan, Earth Day, Refugee Day, Arab Financial Inclusion Day, Maya Declaration Commitments.
- Repurposes, optimizes and formats content received from the various Units to fit the website and social media platforms while ensuring that its design and messaging attracts maximum audience, complying with AFI’s branding polices.
- Follows evolving industry best practices in web and internet technology, content management, and usability; proposes improvements and updates.
- Pro-actively ensures quality, integrity, accessibility, and optimum performance of website and social media channels through mechanisms such as regular audits of metrics, surveys, consultations and reviews, Develops and enforces metadata such as descriptions and keywords to aid in site indexing and improved searchability.
- Analyses the usage of website and social media channels and recommends adjustments to better meet user needs and reach wider audiences.
- Maximizes connections and engagement of AFI’s digital audience across all platforms.
- Pro-actively ensures quality, integrity, accessibility, and optimum performance of website and social media channels through mechanisms such as regular audits of metrics, surveys, consultations and reviews, develops and enforces metadata such as descriptions and keywords to aid in site indexing and improved searchability.
- Coordinates the creation and distribution of online email newsletters.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, public relations, multimedia communications, visual arts or any related degree.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years’ of working experience in digital communications, social media or related field, ideally in an international (development) context.
- Experience in financial inclusion is an asset.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Photoshop and Illustrator expertise a strong plus
- Experience working with WordPress
- Excellent knowledge of social media, graphic editing & analytical tools including Google Analytics, SproutSocial, Hootsuite, Canva
- Experienced using brand monitoring tools such as Meltwater, Mention, Mediatoolkit
- Strong writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and research skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Fluency in oral and written English is required (knowledge of another language is an asset)
- Looking at the bigger picture and understanding organization goals and how to communicate them
- Great passion to work for an international organization
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter (in English language) indicating your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date : 20 June 2021