Policy Analyst, In-Country Implementation (Local Hire)
Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) is the world’s leading organization on financial inclusion policy and regulation. A member-owned network, we empower policymakers to increase access and usage of quality financial services for the underserved through the formulation, implementation, and global advocacy of sustainable and inclusive policies.
To support the project management and monitoring of the financial inclusion In-Country Implementation (ICI) service during the execution stage among the AFI Network guaranteeing an efficient and effective implementation of policy and regulatory related projects responding to both AFI member policymaking requirements and other commitments with donors and partners. This role reports to the Senior Policy Manager, Financial Inclusion Data and ICI.
- Provides technical support to the unit related to program management reporting tools and processes of the ICI implementation status.
- Ensures a proper communication between different business units in AFI (regional managers, project managers, finance, and technical teams) related to the different processes involved in the execution of ICI projects.
- Supports and coordinates with relevant teams in AFI (Events, Technical teams) the execution of specific events requested by the AFI member institutions under their ICI projects including the organization of conferences, trainings, workshops and other events related to the execution of those projects.
- Coordinates the organization and note taking in specific meetings between relevant AFI business units and AFI member institutions to plan and coordinate the implementation of ICI projects.
- Supports in the drafting of financial inclusion policy communication materials including briefs, reports, Minutes and conference materials for ICI technical support projects.
- Performs other related duties as required by the Senior Policy Manger Financial Inclusion Data and ICI.
Qualifications & Experience
- A professional degree BSc or equivalent degree in economics, law and regulation, finance or financial development.
- At least 40 hours of capacity building in finance development, financial inclusion, digital finance thematic areas (Diplomas, courses, or postgraduate training).
- Project management, leadership and communication training are desirable.
- At least 2 to 3 years of professional experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in financial inclusion or financial development-related projects.
- High-skilled oral and written competencies in the English language.
- High degree of analytical skills.
- General knowledge of project management including cost-setting and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in writing skills, especially reports and policy documents.
- Proficiency in oral and written English language and a second language proficiency preferred.
- Oral communication skills.
- Strong ethical values.
- Adequate interpersonal communication skills – emotional intelligence.
- Adaptability/flexibility to work in a highly diverse and multicultural setting.
- Results-oriented and high-disposition to collaborative work.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Maintains a professional and collaborative relationship within the different business units in the institution.
- Disposition to travel abroad to attend/support short-term events.
How to apply
For interested applicants, please send your CV and cover letter (in English) indicating your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 November 2021
© Alliance for Financial Inclusion 2009-2021