Policy Specialist, Policy Analyst & Guidance
The job purpose is to drive policy special projects within the team’s remit including AFI’s youth financial inclusion workstream, AFI Inclusive FinTech Showcase, and the piloting of financial inclusion country assessments; support the AFI’s Global Standards Proportionality Working Group (GSPWG) through research and administration support; and undertake additional policy analysis pertaining to vulnerable groups. The incumbent will also develop and manage knowledge products and technical services to AFI members according to their needs, ensuring the timely delivery of those outputs and commitments to donors.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the implementation of a number of policy special projects within the Policy Analysis & Guidance (PAG) department’s remit, including: (a) further conceptualization, development, and resource mobilization for AFI’s emerging youth financial inclusion workstream; (b) facilitation of the AFI Inclusive Fintech Showcase (typically held once every 2 years); and (c) supporting the piloting of a new financial inclusion country assessments service within AFI, maintaining track of documents and timelines, and coordinating across all parties to ensure successful implementation.
- Conduct policy analysis, manage the development of, and review for quality control, AFI policy knowledge products, conduct data analysis, literature reviews, blog posts for the AFI website, particularly in the area of financial inclusion of vulnerable groups.
- Provide technical and research support to the In-Country Implementation (ICI) initiatives on topics within the PAG department’s remit to meet member needs and donor commitments.
- Provide research assistance and administration support to the Global Standards Proportionality Working Group (GSPWG) to ensure the delivery of its annual outcomes.
- Prepare strategic documents, concept notes and agendas for high-level events and meetings.
- Contribute to the Capacity Building programs to ensure that the topics managed by PAG department are integrated in the agenda and content.
- Develop and manage relationships with key external stakeholders related to AFI’s Policy Analysis works, and work closely with the Global Partnerships team on resource mobilization related to projects and workstreams under the PAG department’s remit.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, sociology, or a related field. Master’s degree in those areas is preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of working experience in international development, public policy, or related fields.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in financial inclusion policy and regulation.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Solid experience in data analysis, conducting research to develop policy recommendations, and/or producing strategy documents.
- Experience/background in managing research and technical projects in the financial inclusion sector with public and private sectors.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial inclusion, microfinance, digital financial services, gender, and financial regulation, between other relevant areas.
- Strong skills to plan, organize and execute research and technical projects in collaboration with different teams.
- Previous works in developing countries and/or with vulnerable populations is desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a requirement. Fluency in additional languages (particularly French and/or Spanish) is an advantage.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical / critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Self-driven, able to work independently and be resourceful.
- Able to receive and integrate feedback to improve own performance.
- Flexible and adaptive to different environments and cultures.
- Customer / Member focused.
- Empathic and sensitive to social and economic issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence in managing relationships with stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
Interested candidates are invited to apply together with the latest CV and cover letter in English.
© Alliance for Financial Inclusion 2009-2023