Senior Officer, Global Partnerships (Local Hire)
Carry out a broad array of analytical, project and inter-team coordination and administrative functions to the Global Partnerships (GP) team in AFI HQ and AFI European Representative Office (ERO); liaise with clients and partners, as well as to develop and maintain engagement with a small, selected portfolio of partner institutions. The position is responsible for carrying out market and client-focused research, analysis and taking on more complex client relationship management responsibilities. The position is integral to ensure internal coordination and communications between the GP unit and other AFI teams and workstreams.
Accountabilities & Key Responsibilities
1. Consistent, timely and professional support to the Global Partnerships (GP) team in AFI HQ and AFI ERO.
- Draft minutes of meeting, compose correspondences, format reports, and prepare for official meetings and events.
- Liaise with AFI’s members and partners on logistical and administrative matters.
- Manage and keep current the AFI GP database.
- Coordinate and manage the GP team agendas and work plans, with a particular focus on cross-team coordination activities.
- Support budgetary and expense management activities of the GP team.
2. Conduct research, analysis, and data acquisition in support of GP’s Donor Relations, Public Private Dialogue (PPD) and Strategic Partnerships.
- Prepare background and strategic insights toward donor engagement, PPD partners and developed developing countries engagement.
- Engage with selected partners to support systematic communication and knowledge exchange.
- Develop quarterly updates of PPD partners, knowledge partners and AFI.
3. Strengthen and maintain internal coordination and communication between the GP team and other AFI units and workstreams.
- Coordinate with AFI Events team to ensure GP event needs and partners’ considerations are fully incorporated into AFI events including AFI virtual events.
- Coordinate information flow and systematic knowledge exchange between the GP team and other AFI units and workstreams by scheduling regular cross-team meetings, participating in such meetings and recording and analyzing key outcomes.
- Work closely with the AFI Communications team to identify opportunities to highlight donor’s and/or strategic partner’s achievements through various communications modalities.
- Perform other internal and external communications tasks as and when required.
4. Aggregate, analyze and use operational content toward development of GP team key deliverables, such as progress reports, proposals, analytical concepts and related content.
- Prepare slide presentations and contribute to the drafting, proofing, and formatting of proposals and progress reports.
- Develop technical reports that accurately capture progress and impact of the work delivered by various AFI units.
- Support the gathering, analyzing and use of information from other AFI units toward development and enhancement of above-mentioned content materials.
- Perform external research and analysis as and when needed.
5. Strengthen engagement with a select portfolio of existing and potential partners.
- Coordinate and implement a selected small number of external client accounts, in accordance with pre-agreed partnership objectives.
- Conduct research and analyze potential partnerships with new organizations across key engagement sectors which may include financial service providers, academia, development institutions and others.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, international relations, or related field is required.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years in an international organization or national organization where the scope of work has focused on engagement with international clients/partners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent command of English language (written & spoken).
- Strong knowledge of at least one additional language is an advantage (eg French, Spanish, Arabic or Mandarin).
- Working knowledge of client relationship database management.
- Strong presentation skills preferred.
- Experience with notes/minutes taking at high level meetings and the development of summary documents based on notes/minutes.
- Strong research skills, including web-based research and analysis of web-based and other content.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong internal and external client relationship management skills.
- Attention to detail, quality assurance
- Independent and proactive
- Objective-oriented mind set
- Analytical and web-research skills
- An effective team player
- Ability to work in a diverse international environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications skill
- High level of maturity and professionalism
- High degree of independence and accountability
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter (in English language) indicating your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date : 20 June 2021
© Alliance for Financial Inclusion 2009-2021