Specialist, Financial Inclusion Policy & Training
The Specialist, Financial Inclusion Policy & Training is responsible for leading the agenda and content development for the CB events and online courses, so as to ensure that they meet the learning needs of AFI member institutions and helps AFI achieve its strategic goals.
- Lead the agenda and content development of the trainings organized by CB, by leading the coordination with AFI Policy teams, PPRI team, PPD partners, AFI member institutions and other relevant stakeholders, such that to ensure member learning demand is effectively addressed.
- Provide technical content for new CB initiatives and services delivered by other AFI units such as in country implementation, regional initiatives, Global Policy Forum as and when requested by them.
- Work closely with Manager, Capacity Building, AFI Policy teams, Subject Matter Expert, Course Developers to develop the content for AFI’s online courses.
- Responsible for Knowledge Management of CB Unit, by being the custodian of all event and online course related documents and maintaining the CB database.
- Provide inputs to Head, CB to support implementation of the CB strategic business plan, annual CB calendar and establishing the brand of AFI’s CB events.
- Support the CB Unit by working closely with Manager, Capacity Building in implementation of CB events, maintaining CB database and other miscellaneous roles of the Unit.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy.
- Minimum seven years’ work experience in international financial inclusion projects, with significant exposure in working in emerging economies.
- Work experience with regulatory institutions with a focus on financial inclusion policy and regulations will be of significant advantage.
- Expertise in technical publications, report writing and other documentation work.
- At least three years of experience on use of digital financial services for promoting financial inclusion, in recent years.
- Firsthand experience in designing and delivering training modules preferably in international setting.
- Skill in designing technical events.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written in English. Knowledge of additional languages will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Applications that can be used on virtual medium.
- Training delivery skills will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with a positive attitude and collaborative team spirit. This is core to the role, as it involves a lot of coordination with very diverse stakeholders.
- Needs effective organizational skills to be able to handle multiple events in parallel.
How to apply
For interested applicants, please send your CV and cover letter (in English language) indicating your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: 12 May 2021
© Alliance for Financial Inclusion 2009-2021