Specialist, Web Content
Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) is the world’s leading organization on financial inclusion policy and regulation. A member-owned network, we empower policymakers to increase access and usage of quality financial services for the underserved through the formulation, implementation, and global advocacy of sustainable and inclusive policies.
The Specialist, Web Content is the go-to person for editorial content published on the AFI website (e.g. news, interviews, blogs). He/she will be the primary writer and editor for AFI content, and work with the AFI Head of Communications, Media Relations & Event Management to steer the strategic direction of AFI online coverage. Ranging from SEO friendly content, social media to reports and speeches, the Specialist, Web Content plays a significant role in the Communications Team and for the organization. Flexibility will be considered for the work location in order to meet various regional initiatives and business requirements. As and when needed, the Specialist, Web Content is required to travel to AFI Europe Representation Office in Luxembourg and other destinations.
1) Write and edit news, blogs, interviews, success stories, scripts, newsletters, marketing copy (when needed) and social media posts that enrich AFI online presence and speak to our audience.
2) Review and proofread blogs, news, press releases and other website and digital content before publication for accuracy and appropriateness, providing suggestions where necessary for improvement.
3) Support the development of AFI’s communication materials (brochures, one-pagers, infographics, sliders).
4) Plan, strategize and schedule online content and maintain an editorial calendar.
5) Represent AFI Communications team at AFI events, provide assistance and coverage, including social media, if and when needed.
6) Experience in creating SEO-friendly content and writing based on SEO requirements, which include the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation, importance of brevity.
7) Identify needs and gaps in AFI online content and recommend a strategy, new topics, formats and products.
8) Ghostwrite op-eds and other materials on behalf of senior AFI staff or members.
9) Update and maintain the AFI Style Guide and ensure that all content falls in line with this style.
10) Work with designers to ensure a seamless integration of text content and design to effectively convey our messages.
11) Working closely with:
12) Organize or provide training to staff on writing and editing styles.
13) Manage media and other queries made through AFI’s “communication” and “press” email inboxes.
Qualifications & Experience
How to apply
For interested applicants, please send your CV and cover letter (in English language) indicating your expected salary and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org.