AFI Global Policy Forum warms up with Working Group meetings and a press meet
As an announcement of the week of events, H.E. the Governor of the Central Bank of Egypt, Mr. Tarek Amer, AFI Executive Director, Dr. Alfred Hannig and the Chairwoman of the AFI Gender and Women’s Financial Inclusion Committee, Dr. Tukiya Kankasa-Mabula gather to hold a news conference at the 2017 AFI Global Policy Forum in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. Over 80 journalists from international, regional and local media are attending the news conference.
Meanwhile, the AFI Board and AFI Gender Committee are holding individual meetings while members of the AFI Policy Working Group converge to deliberate a range of issues.
The following AFI Policy Working Group meetings are taking place simultaneously throughout the day:
- Consumer Empowerment and Market Conduct Working Group (CEMCWG)
- Digital Financial Services Working Group (DFSWG)
- SME Finance Working Group (SMEFWG)
- Global Standards Proportionality Working Group (GSPWG)
- Financial Inclusion Strategy Peer Learning Group (FISPLG)
- Financial Inclusion Data Working Group (FIDWG)