CEFI, the online training for financial inclusion by AFI and Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
Registration for the next intake (March 2021 – August 2021) opens on 1 December 2020 on Frankfurt School of Finance & Management website.
AFI, in collaboration with the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, is launching the eight session of its online training module, ‘Certified Expert in Financial Inclusion Policy (CEFI)’. Launched in 2017 by the two institutions, this is their first ever online training module which has seen seven successful intakes so far.
Participants continue to benefit from a world class education experience of a top-ranked business school, combined with the expertise from the world`s leading organization for financial inclusion policymakers.
Who should sign up for the course?
- Financial regulators, policy makers, supervisors who are working on developing policies, regulations, strategies pertaining to financial inclusion
- Management and staff of financial service providers, both banks and non-banks, and financial inclusion professionals who need to be aware of the regulatory aspects to help design and deliver financial services that promotes financial inclusion
- Staff of AFI Member Institutions who are new to financial inclusion or interested to make a career change in financial inclusion
- AFI member institutions which are setting up new units specialising in financial inclusion
- AFI Member institutions which are developing a comprehensive financial inclusion strategy
- AFI PPD partners who want to understand the policy perspective of financial inclusion
What is the course content?
This course provides an understanding of the designing and implementation of regulatory frameworks that help promote financial inclusion. The seven units are as follows:
|Unit 1||Balancing Inclusion, Integrity and Stability|
|Unit 2||Consumer Empowerment and Market Conduct|
|Unit 3||Financial Inclusion Strategies|
|Unit 4||Measuring Financial Inclusion|
|Unit 5||Financing Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises|
|Unit 6||Microcredit, Microsavings and Microinsurance|
|Unit 7||Digital Financial Services|
For more details on each unit, click HERE
What is unique about the course?
This is the first online course on financial inclusion, which has a very clear focus on the policy aspects of financial inclusion. The course will help develop skills to draft and analyse policies and to design strategies that are most relevant to emerging economies.
What are the benefits of the course?
- The structure is flexible and available online. Participants will be able to complete the course within six months at their own convenience
- Upon completion, participants will receive certification from a world class educational institution
- Participants will receive input from technical experts and will learn from their peers through the discussion forum
- The course can be completed while on a full-time job
How much does it cost?
The course is priced at EUR1,550. Registrations received before or on 15 January 2021 are eligible for an early bird discount. With an early bird discount, the pricing of the course is EUR1,350.
- The staff of the paid-up AFI member institutions is eligible for a discount of EUR 300. Contact Frankfurt School of Finance & Management for further details on the discount, if required.
- 10 percent on group discount (for two or more participants working for the same institution, informed to us before by an email)
- 10 percent for Frankfurt School of Finance & Management alumni
- For company package discounts, contact Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.
|Course fees||AFI member institutions||Non-member institutions|
|Price before 15 January 2021||EUR1,350||EUR1,350|
|Price after 15 January 2021||EUR1,550||EUR1,550|
Price for paid-up AFI member institutions only
|Certificate fee||Digital Certificate – Free
Hard copy certificate- Euro 50
|Digital Certificate – Free
Hard copy certificate- Euro 50
The final exam takes place online for 2 hours.
How to register?
Registrations for the next intake (March 2021 – August 2021) will open on 1 December 2020 on Frankfurt School of Finance & Management website.
Please note that discounts can only be granted if participants chose “bank transfer” as payment option. Frankfurt School can cater for PayPal or credit card payment at a later stage upon request.
When does the course begin and end?
The course for the next intake begins 1 March 2021 and is required to be completed within six months. The program structure is flexible and can be self-paced. In total, a workload of 150 hours is expected, which is on average 3-4 hours of self-study per week and work during the six months period (self-study, online lectures, reading, final exam preparation).
How are the assessments completed?
Each unit ends with an online test which will consist of multiple choice questions. Participants are required to pass these tests in order to get access to the subsequent module.The final exam takes place online. In order to take the final exam digitally, you will need to ensure having microphone and webcam for proctoring, as well as stable power connection pr a fully chargeable laptop in case you are located in a region experiencing often power cuts.
What certification is given on completion of the course?
Upon successful completion of the exam Frankfurt School will issue a certificate. With the certificate, participants earn six ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), which can get recognized easily by the university of studies, given the course fits into the curriculum. If the exam is not taken or failed but participants have completed the course work, a confirmation of course completion can be issued by Frankfurt School on request.
Recognition in Frankfurt School’s Online Master of Leadership in Development Finance
The CEFI is an integral part of Frankfurt School’s Online Master of Leadership in Development Finance. As such, a CEFI Alumni taking the Online Master gets the CEFI recognized both for the syllabus and for the tuition fees.
We invite you to join the course to become a certified expert in financial inclusion!