14 October 2021
Policy Note on Digital Financial Literacy for ASEAN
Digital financial services (DFS) have the potential to fundamentally change the financial inclusion landscape in the ASEAN region.
Though members have undertaken various interventions for digital financial literacy (DFL) and financial education, they acknowledge that the progressive deepening of DFS and its associated risks requires a coordinated commitment to advance DFL in the region.
Developed by the ASEAN Working Committee on Financial Inclusion (ASEAN WC-FINC) and AFI, the objective of this policy note is to:
- Identify current practices in the implementation of DFL.
- Explore approaches of DFL in the national context.
- Provide recommendations of DFL initiatives at the national level.
- Introduce best practices to provide members with the conceptual framework to identify, address and evaluate DFL initiatives.
- Support members through policy guidance on best practices on DFL to pursue or adopt to country context.
Download the report or read in full-screen.
© Alliance for Financial Inclusion 2009-2022